Team member of the front office. Provides customer service and assistance to families arranging services with Horan & McConaty. Provides support for management and funeral directors including completion of service related needs, communication needs, and multi department coordination. Position is part time, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Providing in person and phone based customer assistance: greeting visitors to the funeral home in a warm and effective manner, receiving first notification of death from family members and medical personnel; receiving information and assisting families, clergy, external organizations, and internal departments.
- Communicating information to necessary recipients: ensuring information delivered is communicated with the appropriate recipient in a timely manner. Ensuring communication is documented in case files appropriately.
- Utilizing Microsoft Office, Web based creation & editing software, and other computer programs to create service materials including DVDs, paper products, and music cds.
- Direct contact with the deceased: assisting in the checking in of the deceased for visitations and services, at times assistance with placing jewelry, clothing, and personal effects.
- Assisting with visitations and services: assistance in setting up for visitations and services in chapel, providing host services during visitations which may be after regular business hours and without additional funeral home staff.
- Other duties as required. Skills Needed for Success:
- Desire to have a positive impact on others, including coworkers and families served by Horan & McConaty.
- Ability to work independently and identify opportunities to work ahead of deadlines.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in use of online based applications and ability to learn new programs.
- Experience with a multi-line telephone or ability to become proficient.
- Effective communication skills and active listening- ability to understand the needs of families and coworkers and communicating needs and information to necessary recipients in an effective manner.
- Ability to compassionately work with individuals going though difficult life events.
- Comfortable working with the deceased.
- No visible tattoos or piercings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.